Saturday 8 November 2008

XII

Segun had not changed one bit in the past three years. He'd understood that she didn't want any emotional distractions during the last few months and had remained supportive, giving her the extra push she needed and being her shoulder to lean on when she felt down.

Now she was free to love Segun, she was positive now that she did. He'd gained alot of maturity in the last two years. Bimbo admired him alot for of his quiet gentleness.

She was aware that his characteristic good looks made him an obvious target for the droves of girls that populated his department at Uni but was confident that he would be able to handle himself in any situation.

Bimbo had to wait an extra year because her JAMB results were not released. She resat the exams and gained admission to study her desired course, Architecture in the same university as Segun was. This meant that they were always seen together, by now he was in his final year.

They had their fair share of fights and arguments sometimes over the silliest things in retrospect if she had to admit it. They had been bugged*(featured by the campus reporters in the campus magazine) a couple of times, but that hadn't deterred their relationship.

Bimbo was now a shapely woman. She'd lost all her 'baby fat'. Her cocoa brown skin tone and her dazzling smile endeared her to many. She was just the right height at 5 ft 8 inches and her slender form was the envy and hope of many girls. She got appreciative looks wherever she went, this she handled graciously. 'Bims' as she was fondly called was envied for both her physique and the fact that she was dating one of the sexiest guys on campus. Theirs was the ideal match.

She was 18 years old now, which put Segun at 20 years. She was a bit apprehensive because it seemed that was the unspoken age when they would finally do 'it'. Now that the time had come she wasn't sure she wanted to. She loved Segun dearly, she wanted to wait for marriage but what if this wasn't his expectation? Surely she'd lose him?

Thinking these thoughts, she was startled by a kiss in her ear. Snapping out of her thoughts she looked up and saw him. He looked so handsome. She could get lost in his gaze, those eyes held so many truths and that perfect mouth, the sweetness of his kisses. She shifted on the bench so he could slip in beside her.

"Bimby darling." Segun refused to call her anything else. "How's your day going? Are you through with your last paper?" It was the end of her first year, "I hope you knocked them dead. I have just been to see my project advisor and he's approved the final chapter of my project. I can't believe it's time already. So I'm free to celebrate this weekend. Have you any plans for how you want to spend the weekend? I was thinking maybe we could chill at my place."

'Uh oh.. here it is, I'm going to have to either come up with the goods or have the talk this weekend', Bimbo thought. "I'm sorry I can't. I promised I'll be home. Dad and mom planned a weekend away and I said I'd look after the twins. George and Gia miss their big sister."

"Cool, I could spend the weekend at yours then. We could play 'daddy & mommy' it'll be fun!" Segun joked.

"You know that's not happening, right. You know no boys over when the parents are away. Still full of mischief. I thought I'd beaten that out of you. Well you could visit if you liked. No sleepovers unfortunately. You know the twins and their mouths, 'Daddy.. do you know Segun and Bimbo...' I don't want wahala."

"So are you ready to go? I could drop you off home."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1st time here and am first... lemme go read

Anonymous said...

this was a good read... where's the end of it?

Toluwa said...

t&T..u wld have to read the whole blog....

anywho..kinda scared for Bimbo..hope Segun understands..

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Lovely write-up.